Hanging up

Does anyone here think it is ok to hang up on people? My DH does it all the time and thinks it is perfectly normal. It's not even if we are fighting. It could just be he is irritated that I am asking when he will be home, or just seeing what he is up to. Personally it drives me nuts, and I think it is completely disrespectful, but maybe I am way off. What are your thoughts?

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 4:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband does this and he knows it drives me crazy and when i call back to ask him why he did that, he wont answer. I get enraged. but one of the ladies on cm mom suggested that when he's home and we're talking and he begans to talk, walk out while he's talking and see how he likes it. I haven't had to use this yet, but when i have to, I will. And i'm sure that will curb his hanging up on people problem.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Rude, Disrespectful, and Immature.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I hang up on my husband if he curses at me. But only him. I will not be spoken to that way and he knows it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree, it is disrespectful and something that a child would do.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I hang up on people, well people who know me well. Not people like the boss. Most of time I hang up is because I'm about to say something quite awful and don't want to deal with them any longer. I don't see it any different than walking away from a fight. But I don't hang up because I don't want to answer a question. People get told noneya instead.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If he is in the habit of hanging up on me, I might just stop answering the phone when he calls. And, I would definitely stop calling him except in cases of an extreme emergency. Also, if he doesn't like telling you what time he is going to be home, try being somewhere else when he arrives.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• although i've been known to do it rather than say something i might regret, i think its very disrespectful to hang up on anyone. the few times i have hung up on my SO, i gave myself a few min to calm down and i called back and apologised. my SO does the same thing on the few occasions he has hung up on me. if he thinks that such a rude behavior is an acceptable way to treat the woman that he loves then im guessing he is very disrespectful in other ways too. and for what its worth, you have every right to know when he plans to be home and what he's up to at any given time. if he has a problem sharing this information with you, i'd be very suspicious about what he really is doing. it's not my place to assume what you husband may or may not be up to, but i think you may have much larger issues to deal with than him simply hanging up on you.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I've hung up on my brother but only when we're fighting and he's being rude and calling names and won't listen. Then I'll tell him I'm going now, and if he still keeps going, i go ahead and hang up. I HATE doing it. I would never just slam the phone down without saying first, "I'm going to go now...."

I agree, it's very rude and disrespectful, and not something someone should be doing to the person they claim to love.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It depends on the situation. Only if I'm being spoken too in a rude way. Think of it this way, if someone was being rude to you and you'd walk away from them, then hang up. It's the same thing. In your husbands case it just sounds immature.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 5:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I can't say that i have Never hung- up on my husband when i was mad but, just to do it for no reason is So Disrespectful & Rude!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010