bank error in my favor?

we recently purchased an item for $49 and it went through (it showed on our online account for several days). however when i checked our account yesterday the item didnt show and the money was back in our account. its still that way today. i ordered the item online and the order has been is this just a bank error in my favor or should i expect the bank to take the money back later. im very confused!

the bank does participate in a program where they will pay for an item, but i would assume they'd let us know if they had done that.

Asked by okmanders at 4:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• NO it will come will it will it will...if it showed in pending and your bank is anything like mine they have 3 days to post the full amount of whatever you purchased. most banks will not allow a merchant to hold your money for an extended amount of time. however when they submit the whole amount if it "disapeared" it will come back. this almost got me once, because i watch my account like a hawk!! this is how banks can also get you to end up overdrafting. DONT spend that money yet!

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would call and ask.

Answer by Christina807 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Don't worry they will take their money out.

Answer by QandA at 4:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would call and ask for sure.

Answer by lovinangels at 4:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Call and ask the bank.

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have two sections on my bank screen, pending transactions and transactions that have been processed. The pending transactions show up right away, that's when the company checks to see if the money is available. That will then turn over to processed once the company's transaction has gone through- that could be soon or up to a week or so later. That might be what's going on. I would just keep an eye on your account for awhile.

Answer by m-avi at 5:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• U need to call and check it out before u spend anything

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• sweetskissez that makes perfect sense! it had been pending for all last week so the bank probably got tired of waiting on the company to actually take the $$.

thanks everyone! i'll be calling the bank on Monday.

Comment by okmanders (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010