I am in my first trimester, and I was wondering if it is safe to use cleaning products, such as bleach and lysol. Can it harm the baby?

wyattsmom281

Asked by wyattsmom281 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it is safe as long as you keep it well ventilated. try diluting it with water too
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yeah it safe just dont mix the products together use on at a time and maybe leave a window open or a fan on while you do it
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would not recommend using a lot of chemical cleaning products during pregnancy. I am of the mind set that the less chemicals, the better. They can enter your bloodstream thru your skin and also if inhaled, the fumes can also enter the bloodstream thru your lungs.... I stuck with organic cleaning supplies during pregancy, or have your significant other do the cleaning:)
    ilovebabyjax

Answer by ilovebabyjax at 2:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I prefer Simple Green while pregnant, and always use bleach in a ventilated area with gloves.
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 2:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i wouldnt use it =/
    Anonymous

• i say use Chlorox's new brand, the kind without the chlorine, i forgot what its called
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I asked a doc that when i was prego and they told me just to stay away from arisols like the scrubbing bubbles cleaners and stuff like that. She said if you have to use cleaning stuff just try not to breath it in and use gloves and stuff. But I think its ok just dont use it all the time, like everyday.
    sarahdalenej

Answer by sarahdalenej at 6:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i use a mask and make sure windows and what not is open so its well ventilated
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008