What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 4:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Last week we went swimming and my daughter fell in while I was checking my phone for missed calls. I thought DH had her. she had to be pulled out by a friend. She was completely under the water.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not being able to find my child while in a department store, this happened more than once, I finally learnt and they were found.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It's a toss up. Raped at age 9.
    Hit by a car at age 11 while I was on a bike.
    Rear ended by a semi-truck. DD choking and turing blue.
    Almost dying before Christmas because doctors had not yet found out what was wrong with me.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My husband's death.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• getting my top lip nearly bit completely off by my aunt's weiner dog at age 11

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• One of my students brought a gun to school (1989 - before metal detectors, Columbine, Jonesboro.....) He said it was ok. The gun was for his girlfriend and the bullets were in his pocket. Scared the who-ha out of me. I sent him, the gun, and the bullets in the pocket to the office.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• when my middle was born not breathing. what made it worse is i had to deliver in the local hospital cause the hi way was closed to lincoln cause of the blizzard. our local hospital is not equipped for preemies. the got him breathing and made a make shift breathing tent out of plastic and put an oxygen mask next to him. at least my pediatrician stayed by him the whole 20 hrs until we could get a NICU ambulance down from st eves. cause he didnt have a sucking reflex yet and no way to give him a feeding tube the nurses used a pill cup and poured formula in his mouth. it was a huge relief when the NICU team showed up, he left in an incubator all hooked up to all kinds of wires and tubes. the cute part was when i seen him b4 he was transported he was blowing spit bubbles and was lookin around. he now is a very healthy very active 5yr old
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• When my son had his first asthma attack at age 6 and ended up in the hospital for a week.I thought he was going to die.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 7:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My son got angry with me and decided to run away from home. I wrote about it in my journal. The title is Robbie's Adventure. If you're interested, take a look.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010