Anyone have any good book recomendations for a 10yr old boy?

Im trying to find good books for my son he already has read all the Diary of a Wimpy kid books does anyone know of any thing similar to these?

mscamp0235

Asked by mscamp0235 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Haha..thats funny ..my son LOVES diary of a wimpy kid. He's read them all.
    I bought him the Captain Underpants series...I actually got them all from ebay ...for $5! Great deal.
    Lots of fun...whatever gets my son to read..I try to get! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The Percy Jackson Series, Magic Treehouse books, Time Warp Trio, Secrets of Droon, Goofball series, Wayside School series, The Invention of Hugo Cabret
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Any of The Hardy boys Books are good for that age. Also, My Teacher is an Alien or My Teacher Flunked the Planet by Bruce Coville.
    If you are lucky enough to have a Five Below Stor near you, they have wprkbooks for the grade that your child is going into and have a list of reccommened books in them. I think Sam's Club also carries a workbook series too!.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 5:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Goose Bumps
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Are You Affraid of the Dark.
    QandA

• I was going to say the Percy Jackson books too. Harry Potter, Hardy Boys, The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (it's the first in a series).
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Here are a few of my son's favorites...Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, Hatchet, Daniel X, Chet Gecko, Captain Underpants, 39 Clues, The Red Pyramid, Seekers.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Big Nate is very similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid. My son read it and liked it as wll as the Wimpy Kid series.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My almost 12 year old son loves the "Peter and the Starcatchers" series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. It's a Peter Pan adventure series, but set more realistically according to my son who's read them at least twice through now.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I know they're old-fashioned, but has he read any of the "Encyclopedia Brown" books? I loved those as a kid, and they're appropriate for boys or girls.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010