How long did it take you to start your period after having a mirena iud removed?

I had my mirena for the full 5 yrs didn't have a period the whole time I had it removed 2 wks ago a couple of days ago I started spotting then quit and have had nothing since.

mscamp0235

Asked by mscamp0235 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• My cycle took 8 months to get back to normal after I had the Mirena removed. It was all over the place for a while and very annoying!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had mine for a year and half, and i had a very light period every 4 weeks, it was less than a day long and i would never be able to soak a tampon, so when I had it removed it was right away normal period stuff!
    tbache

Answer by tbache at 5:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i had it about 2 1/2 years. it only took about a week for it to come back.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had mine in for three years. The doctor told me it would take about three weeks to three months before my period came back.

Yeah it took all of THREE DAYS. Apparently, I'm a hormone killer because that was not normal.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2010