Kids say the darnedest things...

What is the darnedest thing your kid has ever said?

For the 4th of July we were at a friend's house. Friend asked dd if we were using the same crib for the baby that she used (I'm six months pregnant).

DD-Yes
Friend-Well, that's good.
DD-Cause when I was a baby I was in mommy's tummy. Now my brother is.

I guess that means mommy's tummy is baby's crib. LOL

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 5:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's too cute!
    When Kyra was 3, I was out with my mom, aunt, and Kyra. We ran into someone my mom and aunt knew. She looked at Kyra and started talking baby talk to her. Something we never did. Kyra looked so confused, then looked at me "can you translate mom?"
    That woman looked so shocked. :-) Before I could tell Kyra what she was trying to say, the woman started talking again. In baby talk, really slow.
    Kyra just looked at her and said "Mam, I'm 3. I'm not a baby. Please use your real voice when you talk to me, when you use baby talk you're insulting my tellgence." Tellgence meant intelligence. It was too cute. That woman just got all huffy and muttered to my mom and aunt something about rude kids and left. I thought it was adorable. She said it so politely, and so clear it was hilarious. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• when DD was 19 months, she was trying to pull a sweater off & said "I can't get this F*cking sweater off" This may sound horrible, but i died laughing. REALLY have no idea where she heard the word, possibly her grandparents that would watch her from time to time. It was pretty darn funny since it slipped out so naturally. She is 8 now & would never in a million years say a cuss word, she knows it's not allowed in our house.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My oldest loved dora when he was younger so at about 18 months old he's in the back seat yelling swiper no swiping only it sounded like "f**ker no f**king! My hubby and I were laughing so hard we almost started crying! Then the other day my three year old came up to me and said "Mommy I'm going to screw you!" I was about to tell him that was not a nice thing to say when I noticed the screwdriver in his hand lmao!
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My sister and nephew were with her boyfriend today and her boyfriend was teasing my nephew, just in fun, nothing mean, and my nephew, who is 4, BTW, looked at my sister and said 'mom can I call him an a$$hole?' my sisters boyfriend just about fell over he was laughing so hard. Another time my son who is 2 1/2 and my other nephew who is 3 were fighting over a book, it was some superheroes book or something and my nephew told my son it's mine and my son said it's not yours, it's my fuc*ing book...and stormed off...
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010