Do you use a menstrual cup?

What kind do you use? Have you tried more than one kind? What are the pros and cons of each kind you've used? What finalized your choice for the brand you use? Do you have any advice for someone who is shopping for a menstrual cup?

ncbirdie

Asked by ncbirdie at 5:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• I used to use a mooncup before I was pregnant. Only really have gotten my period back after 2 and a half years so may start using it again now. I use a mooncup. The only con I can think of is that it might be a little difficult to use at first and that if you do use it properly you might forget you are on your period! LOL.

Advice regarding menstrual cup..ummm just make sure you aren't allergic to it and go for a natural rubber if you can.

The reason I got a mooncup is because it was free delivery at the time. I don't think there is much difference between branding but I am in the UK so might be different for you.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I use the divacup. I got it because its the first one I heard about. I really like it, there's nothing extra to pack when we travel. I don't have stuff taking up room in my purse. Its SOOOO much more comfortable. The only con for me is since I had my second baby, my cervix seems to have dropped, and sometimes the end of the cup hangs out and feels kinda funny, especially when I wipe. Also, it took I think three months for me to get it to where it didn't leak because of that. Now, it never leaks, whereas tampons and pads ALWAYS did.
    kateloveslance

Answer by kateloveslance at 5:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have a diva cup, and while I love it, my uterus is retroverted, which brings my cervix closer to the vaginal opening than women with a normal uterus, so it can be a tad bit uncomfortable since I can't get it in place completely. Usually day one and two of AF are okay though, and after that I have to resort to pads (I have this same issue even with tampons).
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I use Instead Cups. They're not reusable, but they're convenient and I love them. They take a bit of practice to get in right, but once you do, there's no leakage unless you fill it up.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010