My cucumbers in the garden are ready to eat...what can I make when the tomatoes have at least a week yet?

I am going to have too many cucumbers (the large kind that I dont think you can pickle). Any recipes or ideas what to make with a lot of cucs until the tomatoes are done for salads?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Basic cucumber salad - you slice them up with some onion and soak them in 4 parts vinegar, 3 parts water, 3 parts sugar - however much is enough to just cover it all. Add salt and pepper and whatever other kinds of seasoning will go with what else you're having.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• they are yummy for snacking just the way they are. You could make pickles that are sliced, like bread and butter pickles.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• cucumber sandwiches. cucumber w/ mayo and salt/pepper (maybe some other spices to your taste).
    cold cucumber soup. I'll be back if I think of more
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ~Cucumber salad:
    Cucumbers sliced VERY thin
    Onions sliced even thinner
    Container of sour cream
    Mix all together, salt to taste.
    Let sit in fridge for at least an hour so the flavors blend well. Also, istead of just mixinf with a spoon, if you use your CLEAN hands to squeeze the cucumber and onion slices together (before sour cream goesin of course) it does taste even better!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~bcohen/cucumbers/recipes/

yummy
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• cucumber sandwiches! UGH so good!!! here is a link to cucumber soup. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cucumber-Soup-I/Detail.aspx you could always also just cook the cucumbers in with your food if it is grilled :) Or use them in a BBQ chicken wrap.. BBQ Chicken, cucumbers, lettuce, ranch, cheese in a spinach wrap
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My son and I like to make toasted bread, then spread on cream cheese, add sliced cucumbers and sprinkle with a little dill weed, salt and pepper. YUM!
    Or we just slice them and eat them with dip or ranch.
    Or slice and mix with plain yogurt, chopped onions, parsley, pepper, salt, garlic powder, dill weed and whatever you like.
    We eat ours sliced on turkey sandwiches and wraps too.
    Also like to slice them and let them soak in italian dressing.
    I guess what I'm saying is....if you want to send some my way, that would be great lol! Just kidding, enjoy. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I've used them in a macaroni salad. If you find you have too many you can find a recipe for pickling them for another time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• we pickled alot of ours
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010