Is this weird?

So I am going through a divorce right now. I'm in no way hung up on my soon to be ex husband and in NO way want to be with him.
I put my wedding ring on today, but on my right hand. The ring itself doesn't look anything like a wedding ring and no one other than the people who know for sure, would be able to tell.

I really love the ring. It has no sentimental value for me and it doesn't represent my marriage in any way for me.

Is it wrong of me or weird for me to wear it as a regular old ring?

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 5:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• i say wear it...and wear it on whichever finger of whichever hand you like...a wedding ring is simply an outward symbol of an inner committment. if that committment is no longer there then it simply becomes another piece of jewlery. it only has as much meaning as you give it. if you see it as a pretty piece of jewlery then that's exactly what it is and nothing more.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If it's been demoted to just another piece of jewelery, then wear it as just that.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No reason at all why you can't wear it as you please. It's yours & it can take on whatever meaning you want or none at all.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• put the stone in a new setting

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• rock it gurl! its yours :D
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i was gonna say i would get rid of it, til i saw that you paid for it. keep it its urs, i thought may still have awkward feelings n are attached to the ring, but reading on, its prolly a connection with ur mom n her beautiful ring. go for it., not weird at all.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Who cares what people think, if you like to ear it go ahead, it would be only weird if you wore it on your wedding finger.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It's your jewelry. Wear it if you want. It's no one else's business as to why you wear it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I say wear it especially since you paid for it
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 6:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• There are 16 stones in it and I can't afford to have anything done to the ring. It's the ring itself I like, not just the stones.
    Laila-May

Comment by Laila-May (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010