has anyone lied about their reall due date?

for instance i will be due sept 7th but i have been telling everyone sept 1st?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I didn't with either pregnancy.

Is there a reason you're telling people your due date is different from what it actually is? Not bashing in any way, just wondering.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• my q exactly, why? i never have n dont see the reason to. but my sis n law has done that too. with both her pregnancies, i confronted her a few times too, i dont know what she gained?
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• why? i almost forgot my sons first bday was nov 30th because i was wanting to celebrate on his "due date"..haha.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No there's no need to lie about you due date, unless the woman is trying to lie to a man about him being the father when he really isn't.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• my mom was like "shay, he was expected to be born that day..you didnt have him then..he was born on the 30th" i felt so bad. But..i mean, for 9 freakin months i had in my head that i was going to have a baby on november 21 so its not that messed up is it??
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The only reason I've ever heard of anyone lying about their due date is telling everyone the baby is due later than it really is because they didn't want people knowing they were pregnant before they got married, then saying it was early when it arrived on time. Of course most don't even bother doing this anymore.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with mommy of two388
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i don't really see a big deal...someone ask when the baby is due and you tell them the first of the month..so what, you are just rounding it off, right?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• for my last baby i told people she was due at the end of may. nobody looked happy when i gave that answer, so i said may 30, and then people looked relieved!
    strange!
    dd was born may 26.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010