Do you own the Peticure tool?

We are thinking of getting one and I've seen the ads on tv. Just curious if anyone has it and if it works.

MomW773

Asked by MomW773 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pets

• Our vet recommened it. We haven't recieved it yet. He's kind of an old diehard sorta guy so I'm confident it's fine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes I have one! It works really well if your dog isn't afraid of it. It's really nice and does the job I have a doggy day care and boarding , and tried it on a few.Some didn't mind it but others said no way...If you take your pets to the vet do they clip or use a drumel on your pet. If they use the drumel, your pets will be fine. If he/she only has had nails cut the old way, it might be a challenge to use this tool. So before you spend $50. bucks make sure you can use it on your pet. You can try treats to lure them to it. Good luck.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i know someone that had it. we lived with them for a while. It worked really good. but if their nails are real long it takes a while to get them down to where they should be. the battery seemed to last for a while. i think its worth the mone
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 9:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Both my dogs and cats were scared to death of the high pitched noise it made.
    viking95

Answer by viking95 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• All it is is a dremmel with a guard on it right? Why not just spend 25 for the dremmel?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Don't forget that dogs and cats have a quick. They will bleed if you do too much too soon. It takes time for the quick to receed if they have really long nails. Be careful. Try taking a whole week to get them used to it. Turn it on and let it run sitting up on a counter. Let them get slowly used to it. Don't put it near them if they seem really worried about it. Also, from puppy hood, mess with their nails. Train them to let you handle their feet and ears for that matter. If you haven't take that week to mess with their feet, without the Peticure around. Get them used to it. Good luck.
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 4:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Update: We got ours. We had no problems at all using it. Actually, our Lab fell asleep while I was doing his nails..what a life huh? Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it. It does have a pretty loud shrill to it. I think ours weren't bothered by it because they are frequently in the shop when my husbnad is using the saws and lathe and stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i also own one..not that i dont like it, but it wasnt as easy as the commercial made it seem. that motion that they do, i couldn't do it, and it made my pups nails sharper. maybe it's just becuase i can't get the rythym down.lol i was able to get the job done eventually though..so if you're asking if it works, yes. pain in the ass as well, yes.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2008