concealed to carry

have any of you women taken a concealed to carry a handgun class?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not yet but I plan too :)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No but I want too. I hate guns but my husband is away a lot for work and sometimes he's gone for 6 or more months at a time so I want to get the best protection for my children. Someone breaks in my home they have a bullet between the eyes.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Nope. I'm anti-gun and see no reason for anyone but law enforcement and the military to have weapons.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• "Nope. I'm anti-gun and see no reason for anyone but law enforcement and the military to have weapons. "

I don't think the criminals agree with you. 3-4 times a year I hear of some burglar stupid enough to break into a house in my Texas city and get themselves shot; one was in my midwife's neighborhood. Though since I started hearing about those I saw far fewer home invasions on the news.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have taken a gun safety course. I don't see the need at this time to carry a concealed weapon; however, I'm not against it. I have pondered getting the permit because of the numerous threats to our 2nd Amendment rights. I foresee a time when these classes will not be offered, but you will be grandfathered in.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I disagree with IhartU. How am I supposed to protet myself if I anm traveling by myself or sith my DD and we break down,some creaper comes along before a decent person does and attempts to attack us? I want to be able to protect us,not only on the road,etc.,but in our home,too. As happytexasCM said, criminals dont agree with you,either,so why shouldnt law abiding citizens be able to have a gun to defend themselves? I would have NO problem killing someone who was coming at me or my child trying to hurt us. My 9mm is loaded and waiting.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not yet but we are planning on it. The classes around here are always full. It's really hard to get in. We are both very proficient with hand guns ... he trained security employees for a little and I've had some basic police instruction.

In our state, it's legal to carry out in the open (displayed on your hip) except in certain places ... banks, schools, etc.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010