Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughters father pretty much abandoned me in his own way,and all he does when he sees me is criticize my do i dea w this anger?

Answer Question

Asked by mommysgirl25923 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 3 (24 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • hit him over the head with a skillet :)

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Okay real answer. Do what you do when your LO was first born and EVERYONE gave you advice. Let in go in one ear and out the other and then thank him for his opinion and tell him when he's a real father and taking are of your child then he can give advice.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • My ex husband can be a real turd too. One thing that's helped me is to just glaze over and think about other things while he's talking. I'll sing songs in my head or think about funny things my kids have done. Sometimes I think about the dreamy fire fighter I've seen around town and imagine going on dates with him.
    Basically I think happy thoughts and tune him out to the best of my ability.

    He does it because he wants to hurt you and wants a reaction. If you show him for long enough that it doesn't hurt or effect you then he'll eventually stop.
    It's just like when we were kids and our moms would tell us to ignore them and they'll go away.

    Answer by Laila-May at 6:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Do not talk to him when you are emotional, have a friend there for support if you need to, and very calmly and adult like explain to him that you do not appreciate the way he talks to you. Let him know if he has concerns that he is welcomed to talk with you; however, if he can't be mature and respectful then the two of you will have to talk with a mediator. Most cities have low cost mediators parents can use to work things out. As far as your anger, you have to work through it. It's not going to just disappear. I felt that sort of anger when my exhusband filed to get custody of our children and all I could do was be as civil to my ex as I could and work through my issues. It does not good to take your anger out on him though. Becareful what you say and do. Think long and hard before you act. You'll have to CYA for a while. Just know that the anger does die down eventually, though it may not go completely away.

    Answer by Cassarah at 6:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • dont allow him around you and dont be around him

    Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 7:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I'ld run him over with my car. However I'ld have to get it fixed first. Ignore his idiocy and don't be around him as much as possible.

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Tell him how you feel and let it all out, then punch a few pillows and scream at the top of your lungs, and after all that ignore him.

    Answer by older at 9:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Ignore ignorance! Don't let him know he gets to you, just be the best mom you can and ignore him. What does he know anyway?

    Answer by salexander at 12:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.