Anyone else doing a low carb diet? I'm down 10 lbs in just 12 days!!! Feeling AWESOME TOO!

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• nope but that sounds great keep up the good work
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Congrats to you...i did it with my mom, but we both got SUPER SICK!! tummy issues were enough to make us quit..so never saw major results!! be careful though thats a drastic amount of weight VERY quickly.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I tried low carb and only lost 3 pounds .
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm scared of that diet, because I really really love breads and potatos and stuff...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Thats great! But you should probably also know (if you dont already) that the average person needs about 300 carbs a day. Depriving your body of too many carbohydrates prevents it from building muscle, and can actually be quite unhealthy. I personally believe the only sure fire way to lose weight AND keep it off, is to eat a small balanced meal (Protien, carb, veggie) every 3 hours and do muscle building activty as well as cardio at least 4 times a week. I have had tremendous success with this plan, and I would never do it any other way. I wish you the best in your weight loss, good health is the most important thing anyone can have!

Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Oops! I meant about 200-300 Carbohydrates a day
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Low carb diet plans are a great way to get your body to start losing weight. Great job! They're hard to stick with. You should keep in mind that you are NOT supposed to follow the no/low carb plan for more than 3 to 4 weeks at a time before GRADUALLY adding carbs back to your diet. You will still lose weight until you've reached the amount of carbs your body needs. My body only needs 120 to 150 g carbs a day. Any more than that and I'll put weight back on. Remember that where these carbs are coming from (fruits, vegetables and whole grains vs. sugar, corn syrup, enriched wheat flour, candy) will significantly affect your health more than just the number of carbs consumed.
    Congrats!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• BE CAREFUL ! without the proper amount of carbohydrates, the protein can't do what it's supposed to do to repair, grow or even maintain muscle and you could end up losing muscle....low carb diet is a bad diet all around...you might be losing weight, but not properly ! Go ahead and reduce or even eliminate the bad carbs like pasta, white rice, etc....BUT increase the good carbs like fruits and vegetables.... you want your carbs to be 55% of your calories, protein should be 10-15% and fats should be less than 30%....again, there are good and bad fats...don't be afraid of fats....you can get energy from fats...just keep them below 30% and eat the right kinds, like from nuts and nut butter, olive oil......SUGAR is the enemy, not carbs, not fats ! good luck ! (just to qualify, I'm in school going through for a personal trainer and have lost 113 pounds myself)
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• our dr had us on a diet where we ate 75-125 grams of net carbs a day.
    NEVER go below 50g/day.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Lose it fast, gain it fast!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010