Guardian ad litem

I finally got to that point in my divorce where the Guardian as Litem was finally choosen.
I'm just asking for any advise what to say and not to say to him. I know I will only be truthfull to him...but I also know they look for certain things from the parents. Anyone have some good advise to share? We have one son incommon he's three my STBX livves in Wi and Me and my older son from another marriage live in AZ...if some of you may recall this so called man kicked me and my 8 year old out the week of Christmas...no kidding...Thank you

tucsonmomof2

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• The main thing is that you want to express your intentions of wanting nothing but the best for your child. No negativity about the other spouse in front of the child and show that your intentions are to do for your children and not because you are angry because of something that happened in the past.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Just answer his questions. I wouldn't voluntarily give info unless it's to express why you left and why you think the child is better off with you. You can give examples of what dad did over the years to voice your concerns

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with lawmom.. don't think about bad mouthing him, but don't sugarcoat anything either. Just answer his questions and express that you want what is best for your child and calmly give evidence of how your home is best.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010