Is is 103 or 104 when you take them to the doctor?

My dd is 13 months and has been getting a fever of 102.7 for the past two nights. The fever comes and goes at night only and during the day she is just stopped up a little. What is the temp that I bring her in for?

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 6:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• Any thing over 102 indicates an infection that may need treated. The sooner you get antibiotics the better.
    mnielson

Answer by mnielson at 6:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If the fever stays that high for a couple hours then yes you take them to the doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It's 101.4 for 24 hours.
    Jennibug

Answer by Jennibug at 6:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would take her in. It could be an ear infection or something that requires antibiotics.......she can become dehydrated pretty quickly with high temps like that...
    dstoeck

Answer by dstoeck at 7:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with dstoeck. Children with ear infections show signs of fever in the evenings and at night. Which seems strange but is usually the case. Take her in so that you can start on antibiotics. Some children can get over ear infections without medication, but the fact that she continues to have this high fever for a few nights says otherwise.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010