Was this ok? adult content

I was at the store getting my son some shoes. As I put a pair of shoes on my little guy I heard a girl start saying, " Fu** why can't I find the right F*** shoes UGh." Then she went on shopping I ignored and my son didn't hear he was happy jumping around in his toy story shoes. Well a couple min later she starts swearing like a sailor and my son heard and pointed to them and said NO NO... they weren't that far away and there was other families there shopping as well and I was shocked that she was swearing that way.. I walked up to her and said, " you need to keep it down there are kids here and we don't need to hear what your saying." She got mad and the manager came over and told her she needs to cool down or leave this is a family store.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 6:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Shopping

• of course it was OK. Polite, respectful people don't go around swearing loud in public, that is just rude. Most stores would kick someone out if they were rudely swearing left & right.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• What she did is in no way ok. I hate it when people curse when there are clearly children around. What you did was great. Wish I had the courage to go up to someone and say something like that. I think if it got bad enough, though, I would go to the store manager.
    tangledpuppet

Answer by tangledpuppet at 6:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I say "Good for you." If she's got nerve enough to talk like that, she should be called out on it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with the others. I have asked someone to stop cursing around my son before.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Kudos to you!! I actually asked a similar question yesterday and was a bit saddened by the responses. I often hear people swearing in stores and I do not understand why people feel the need to swear when they are in public.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think swearing is tacky and disgusting. Of course I have a few slip ups but not infront of my children. I don't want them speaking that way and being disrespectful
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Sounds like you gave her a second chance and she couldn't control herself. Good for you!
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Girl, that's a daily event! When I worked at the mall and as I walk through the stores, the language is awful everywhere!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't have said a thing to her. You say she was a girl...you never know what kind of mother she has, and she would have reacted to you chastising her daughter. I'm not trying to defend her or tell you that you were wrong, by the way. I'm just saying you never know how other people will react.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• She was in her twenty. I don't care how she or her mother would react she should have taught her daughter respect and not to speak that way in public near children
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010