Party Planning Anxiety?

I am planning a surprise birthday party for my husband's 30th birthday. I have never planned a party before and have horrible party planning anxiety. When I started the planning I was so afraid no one would come or if people would come they would be bored but I really wanted to this for my husband who has never had a birthday party in his life. Now all my fears are coming true, it is a week away and no one has rsvp'ed. I don't know what to do, I don't know if anyone is coming or how much food to make. I want to just cancel the party and instead through a smaller party with his 5 closest friends at his favorite restaurant, but I don't have everyone's numbers so I can't call everyone. I also don't want to have this party planned and my husband find out no one wanted to come. Ugh, what should I do?

lilysmom2607

Asked by lilysmom2607 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have to tell you that in this day and age we have a generation of peeps who just don't think it is necessary to RSVP. Call to confirm with those you have phone numbers for. If those you don't have numbers for are friends of the ones you do, get their numbers and then call them. Be pleasant and say that you are just confirming that they are coming. Go from there. Good Luck and I hope it works out!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Relax...check with his 5 closest friends and any family that would be coming. As for food make it for those you will be there and I'd say 10 -20 more. If you have a ton of left overs send it home with guests! Enjoy it and celebrate with him!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Usually when you have an rsvp it is a good idea to give them a respond by date. This would have given you time to know how many to plan for the party.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The rsvp date was today.
    lilysmom2607

Comment by lilysmom2607 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010