Is 8 young for my DD's breasts to start growing?

Last week she told me her chest hurt. Well, today she woke up & surely enough, her breasts are "budding" they are tough under the nipple & the nipples are starting to puff out. I cannot believe that my 8 year old is already growing boobs!!!

I developed really earlytoo, i guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Another question, do girls who develop breasts early have larger breasts than girls who develop later? This is what a girlfriend was telling me. She said my DD will have large breasts since she is developing early.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 7:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mom took me to the doctor because I had "knots" under my nipples and the doctor told her I was developing. I was 7. I was a C cup until I had my son and now I am a D cup. Nature is going to take its course no matter what you feed her, thats life.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• well, sadly no it's not considered "abnormal".
    But 50 years ago it would have been. ...so i guess it's on how you define "normal". the amount of GMO's and hormones, preservatives and more were also not as common even just 50 years ago.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• everyone id dif. im not sure about having bigger boobs if you devvelope early but it seems that way. i still dont have much of an a cup :(
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• whoo hoo..soon it shall be time for training bras! Scary thought but puberty is right around the corner so sounds like the little boobies are right on time!! umm sorry??? IDK
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i know....& i was so sure that buying organic dairy would really help. I always thought that i developed early because of all the hormonal milk i drank as a kid, but she always drinks organic milk & everything else she eats is practically all organic. I guess it just runs in our family....
    samurai_chica

Comment by samurai_chica (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I developed really early too and I have pretty large breasts. My mom and sister developed later and have smaller breasts. Not saying one causes the other but it proved true in my family. Thank God I have boys and don't have to try to raise large breasted daughters, my hubby would meet all her dates with a shotgun lmao!
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It is a little early. I would discuss this with her peds at her next visit.
    hez3

Answer by hez3 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• There are so many hormones in food now that kids are developing early. I agree to try organic foods like milk and meat, at least. That should stop it or slow it down.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• it's not just in milk. it's in all non organic meats you eat too. and all the non organic processed foods that have meat or dairy products in them.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• no candi, that's not life.
    as i mentioned, just 50 years ago early development started at age 14.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010