Breast milk for my sisters baby?

Ok, my sister just told me she can't afford formula for her DD who is 10 months old. I have a large freezer stash of breast milk and am still pumping enough to replace it. Is it ok for another child to drink my milk? I am going to offer but she is anti breast feeding so we will see. I just want to know if thats ok for her to drink my milk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she can't afford formula she should go on wic, you usually get approved in about a week
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• As long as you are not on any medications that pass through or have anything contagious. Though if you are bfing your own I am sure you are fine there.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Of course it's ok!!!

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i dont see why not. BM is BM.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Go for it! You'll be a wet nurse!
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ive heard of people doing that before it sonds liek it would be ok :D ur awesome!!!
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I believe it should be find i have heard of breast milk banks that people can buy breastmilk if they cant produce it...so i am pretty sure its safe maybe ask her doctor?
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 7:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It is ok, as long as you are ok with it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• b-milk is different i would investigate about the difference in our milks. So mothers have b-milk that immediatly seperates. It looks a lot like water and then white (fats) on top and some mothers b-milk doesn't seperate and it has a yellow tint to it. Get a Dr. opinion even a diet of another mother can come into play the child may have a reaction. I would imo have both our milks tested before i did this.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes it's fine. Offer!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 8:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010