Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support question?

If you don't know who your childs father is do you get support from the state? if so if your childs father is no good and will not get and keep a job why don't you get hellp then?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • I got child support from the state of CT because my ex-HUSBAND to whom I was married for 8 years, and he was with us for 1 1/2 years of my son's life, ALWAYS worked under the table. LOW LIFE. Tax evader. One of the many things we argued about.

    Anyway, it probably depends on the laws of your state. The State of CT went after my ex, garnished his wages, his tax refunds, anything/ everything to get the money back that was owed to them after "they" helped me raise my son.

    Good luck.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I do believe it depends on the State but I know in Washington State they will not give you anything unless you know who the Daddy is. I had to pay support for my 2 older boy's and by the time it gets paid off I'm hoping my Ex will die soon so because I owe so much back support that's the only way I'll get out of paying it off, but then again If i die first then he'll be screwed. I hope this helped some and if not so sorry.

    Answer by tushpush1966 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • You do not get child support unless you know who to get the support from.. meaning the mother or father of the child.. The state is not just going to give you a check every month.. Get a DNA test, and they will issue an order.. Then they will order a minimum amount that the person has to pay.. Won't be much probably, but it will be something..

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Oooh, I honestly don't know because I'm married to my child's father. Maybe you should look it up on Google.

    Answer by Linnea-Bella-1 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Google it

    Answer by mamaofficer at 8:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • You can't get child support from the state only help from them.......things like foodstams, WIC, housing allowances, etc. Normally though they will try to get some of their money back from the person that is supposed to be paying the child support. Even if the father will not get a job you can still go after him for child support. He will still have to pay something and if he can't then he'll end up being in contempt of court.

    Answer by colethky at 8:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.