I saw that chances of concieving after bc (in the first cycle) are very slim, is this true?

Why would that be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• It's because it takes a while for your body to adjust back to normal after being on birth control. Some women don't have a problem though. A good friend of mine stopped taking her bc because she wanted to get pregnant. Within two months she was pregnant. She didn't think it would happen that fast.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Because your cycles are normal at first. But.... with my first pregnancy, I got pregnant right after I stopped taking the pill.

Actually, my doctor had told me to go off the pill and use an alternate method of BC for the next three cycles. He said by then, My cycles should be somewhat normal and we should be able to have a normal ovulation period.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• That should say Because your cycles are NOT normal at first
    layh41407

• i dont know, i got pregnant as soon as i stopped taking it. i had one period then didnt have another.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My OB said that the chances of conceiving after go off BC are greater in the first month than after. She said it's because you go off and your body is so ready to ovulate that it might do it more than once! I don't know if she's correct. I got pregnant while on BC. But I think that as soon as you stop taking it, you're chances of getting pregnant go up - no matter what cycle your on! :)
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If you get pregnant within the first three months of going off bc, you place the baby at a risk for defects. That is why your doc says to use other methods for the following three cycles. Yes you can get pregnant but the child may be harmed by it so be careful!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010