when can i start giving my baby cereal with his formula?

when can i start giving him cereal with his formula he is three months old now?

angelkaylee

Asked by angelkaylee at 8:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would say 5 months is good
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would not recommend putting cereal in your baby's formula. That can cause serious problems down the road.. Around 4 months old, you can begin feeding your baby cereal.. But I have always been told to refrain from putting cereal in a baby's bottle unless the doctor recommends something along those lines..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Ask your doctor. Every doctor is different. Some say to start cereal at four months, some say six, some say later. My doctor had me start at 4 months.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• my mother in law was doing that with all her 6 kids within the first month and they're all healthy, nothing happened to them
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• 4 months thats when i was told to do so by my doctor
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Doc suggested in 5 month, but not in the bottle. Use a spoon
    Lucy124

Answer by Lucy124 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I suggest no solids until at least 6 mos. And never in a bottle. Always with a spoon, and cereal isn't necessarily what you have to give as a first food.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have to say with my kids I put baby cereal in their bottle from the start,cause when I didn't they would still be hungry and this was the only way I could fill them up so they could goto sleep.They are now 6,9,& 12 and they are fine.
    Amie72598

Answer by Amie72598 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My pedi started my son at 4 months. Ask your pedi if baby is ready at thier 4 month well baby check. And never in the bottle. Spoon feed cereal always..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Never put cereal in the bottle. If you feed cereal you feed it by spoon. It's recommended to wait until after 4 mo for formula babies. You actually never need to give rice cereal since formula now has iron and cereal is hard to digest. You can start with mashed banana, sweet potato, or avacado. You never need baby foods, cereals, puffs, juice, ect.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010