is it alright for my dog to be in my softned water everyday?

we have REALLY REALLY REALLY bad water and when I fill their pool up it turns rusty red within an hour(like you can't even see the bottom which is only maybe 5 inches deep) but if I fill it with the water softner water it stays clear... I have a bucket of water out there with filtered water for them to drink because they don't like the nasty taste of the outside water....

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 8:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pets

• I don't see why not.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• is it ok if they drink it? I don't know if water softner water is ok to drink, i just have never drank it!
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes I think it is fine for them to be in it. It sounds like it is actually better for them, and for you
    LorisBaby

Answer by LorisBaby at 8:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• From everything I have read online (which can't be trusted 100%) it is not OK for anyone to be drinking it on a regular basis. I do trust this source:

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA318199
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes it is ok. My parents dog drank softner water for 16 yrs and didn't have a problem
    willysmama

Answer by willysmama at 11:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2010