PLEASE HELP!! 2 YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY!!

Ok, I live in Las Vegas. My daughter will be 2 aug 23...it's like living on the sun this time of year. I need ideas for her birthday. Nothing fancy or expensive. My dilemma is, I would like to have a party with friends/family at our house, but we have 2 very large, hyper dogs....too hot to leave outside, even for a couple hours...or in the garage.

I don't want to spend a bunch of money renting some place out b/c only 2 or 3 other kids will be there anyway...maybe only about 8-10 people total.

any suggestions?? or am I making too much of a big deal over this? please help.

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have four dogs and when we have a party at our house we just put them in our bedroom. They are all very sweet, but I don't want to worry about them getting someone's food, or someone letting them out of a door. They may whine at the door for a little while bc they want to be out with everyone, but they do calm down.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Actually a two year old party can be fun. It could be a princess party. You can get themed plates, cups, and balloons, favors. The cake is important too. Don't forget the pictures. It doesn't have to be a big party. Little girls love wearing tiara you can buy in a party store.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Why can't you put the dogs in a another room for a few hours. Start having the dogs sit in there for a while now so then when the party comes they will be use to the room and they can just lay down and chill while the party is going on. That's what we have to do when we have people over my dogs are pits and they love people but they also like to get into food and knock over drinks.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• thats what I was thinking, Lock them in your bedroom? Put away anything that they can get into and just keep them in there. They may fuss at the begging but will probably calm down after a bit.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• that's true :) I guess I could just lock em up!! hehe...thanks all. I also have pits and friends who don't really like dogs around. they're just WAY too happy to have too many people around :)
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010