Wine?

I heard that you are able to drink a glass of red wine i believe once a month. Is that true or? I myself have not drank (but it sounds mighty good) haha

Mandalxl

Asked by Mandalxl at 8:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've also heard that you can but I never wanted to chance it :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Some doctors say that it is fine other say its not. They do not know what amount of alcohol it takes to cause fetal alcohol syndrome, for some women its only a tiny amount, for others they can drink a small glass once in a while. They just haven't been able to perfect the scientific understanding yet.

Me personally didn't and wouldn't risk it, it can causes so much trauma and permanent damage that any amount is not worth it.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You can google a lot of info on the effects of drinking during pregnancy. I know because I had googled it,lol. I have a want for a glass of wine once in awhile and I'm pregnant. I just read all I found and made my decsion based on my findings. I also asked my doctor...who told me a glass a night is perfectly fine. But I wouldn't drink it that often,lol.
    I have had a glass with dinner on occassion.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Actually the guy at the liquor store says I glass of red wine at dinner is good for you.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Hello! I have had 3 children and as the time goes on the temptation to want a beer here and there or some wine gets stronger the more you are pregnant. However, as I was going to school for my BSN I took and nutrition class and my professor said that drinking wine for your heath is just a hoax from wine companies to try and boost sales. What they claim is good within the wine there are two forms of it one is good the other is bad and the one within wine isn’t the good one. I can’t for the life of me however remember the name of it…
    From a personal note though although tempting to drink one even though its few and far, remember whatever you drink or eat so does your baby. Would you give your newborn a glass of wine?
    Amanda_03

Answer by Amanda_03 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I actually heard it was once a week. But I never did it. I really don't think a glass of red wine is going to hurt anythign. But I just wouldn't want to risk it.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010