If you were "living large" like the Gosselin family, would it make you a happier person?

I had a dream about the Gosselin's last night, which is odd because I can't stand the parents. Anyway, I remember saying that even if I had a whole lot of money like they do, I still would not spend it, because I'm such a frugal person. For example, my 2 year old could have a nice bedroom set, lots of new clothes, fancy toys, etc, and yet she doesn't. I'm not a big spender on frivolous things. Money doesn't make us a happier family.

How do you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sadly, KG is living large on the backs of her children. If my choice was to have lots of money but really messed up children, I would give away every dime! Those kids are going to need some serious therapy. I'm about 15 miles from their previous house, and almost all the locals can't stand her either, because every story I've heard has her being extremely rude and selfish to all those around her
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes I think it would because I'm always looking for more money.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It would take a lot of stress out of my life but it would not provide happiness. However, with less stress, I think I would be a little happier.
    Honeybun09

Answer by Honeybun09 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would be happier because I wouldn't have to "worry" about money. I wouldn't spend it on a lot of crap but I would have a nice, safe home in a nice safe neighborhood, a nice safe vehicle and my kids would have their university covered.

I would definitely allow for indulgences every once in a while but I wouldn't want to spoil my kids or have them feeling entitled.
    We would go on trips and see places, I would fly my friends and family out for visits etc...I would spend the money that way instead of on "stuff".

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think it would make me happy b/c thats what i stress about all the time not having money
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think I would probably buy a nice house, a new car, get toys furniture and clothes for the kiddos and stuff like that, but as far as the day to day stuff I'm pretty sure that wouldn't change.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Money will never buy happiness ...you only need money to pay for certain things in this world. I know of a couple that are millionaires and they were not truly happy they ended up divorced after many years of being discontent. They had a gorgeous huge home fancy cars and two beautiful children.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think I need to try it first,and then I will let you know.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No- the bigger the portfolio, the bigger the problems.

KG now has to worry about losing the $$$$-talk about stress.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would be happier the bills would be paid one less thing to worry about.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010