I'm 20 weeks and have felt no movements is this normal?

this is my first pregnancy, and I am overweight, I heard that sometimes has something to do with it. But i'm worried i havent felt the baby move yet. I told my doctor last week at my appointmnent and he didnt seem concerned at all but, any help please?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 9:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it doesn't have anything to do with your weight. i'm very skinny and i didn't feel real movement til maybe 28 weeks
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• it's not time to worry about it yet, especially if this is your first pregnancy. There are so many things that can affect how you feel baby's movements. For instance if the placenta is in the front baby will be very hard for you to feel becuase most of the kicks that you would normally feel would be cushioned.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yep, I was at least 24 weeks with both of my pregnancies before I felt the babies.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My DD was so far back that I didn't show very much but also didn't feel her move until 24 weeks. My midwife was never concerned.
    Honeybun09

Answer by Honeybun09 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• im a worry wart lol, and its gotten a whole lot worse since becomeing pregnant
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am a tiny person and I never felt movement until about 22 week for all my pregnancies.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i guess im just being to impatient lol
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• As another big girl, I remember watching movement at the 20 week ultrasound, and being upset that I couldn't say yes when the tech asked me if I felt that! You will feel movement soon; it's very possible you just haven't noticed the movements yet. I remember feeling the first movement at about 22-23 weeks, and it felt like DD did a somersault! Believe me, you will be feeling plenty soon enough. And the worrying is normal too!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• 25 weeks is more the average for actually feeling movement, especially with a first pregnancy. If you notice some weird gas sensations running through your abdomen, that is actually the baby moving. It will get more clear to you in the next 5 to 8 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i felt my first son move around 21-22 weeks and i weighed 160 before that pregnancy. w/ my second i weighed about 200 pre-pregnancy and i felt him move around 17 weeks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010