how do you know if it's back labor or just back pain??

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends what do you feel? where do you feel it? does it come with a contraction?
    Amanda_03

Answer by Amanda_03 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think a good rule to go by ...is if you can talk normally... or does the pain take your breath away.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• you have contractions with back labor. Next time you feel the pain, feel your belly. if it is a contraction your belly will get rock hard all over.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• OH honey if it is back labor you will know!!!!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had back labor. Trust me hunny. You will know the difference. Is it just pain or does it feel like someone is trying to saw you in half with dull blade?
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 9:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with QandA & LizzieAnnesMom......I also had it and there is no way you can compare it to a backache!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with the above three. There will be no mistake....ahhh the memories!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i'm having contractions but the pain is in my mid back.
    kaydee8

Comment by kaydee8 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It could possibly be Braxton Hicks. When I had mine I had some pain in my mid back. There are a few signs to see if you are going into labor, If the contractions are regular, or gradually getting closer together, if you lose the mucus plug, you feel a sudden gush of water, or you see blood. Till then I wouldnt worry too much about it. If however you just dont feel right about it then go ahead and go to the doctor or ER if need be. Your instincts can guide you better than anyone can. If you think somethings up or that you are in labor, go to the hospital. They would rather you be safe then sorry.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 7:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010