TYLENOL PM WHILE PREGNANT????

i have a pinched nerve in my groin area and it has been pretty painful more so at night when i am laying down, my doc said it would be ok to take tylenol pm to help with the pain and to get some sleep, even though he gave me the ok i still get paraniod about taking anything, I was just wondering if any of you have ever taking it during pregnancy?? im almost 34 weeks along

whatthefawna

Asked by whatthefawna at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told the same thing, have you tried Tylenol alone?
    Amanda_03

Answer by Amanda_03 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, I did. It didn't do anything for me, but it didn't hurt anything either. It knocks my sister out though- different body chemistry.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• the sleep aid in it is a type of antihistamine and I'm not sure if its safe.I wouldn't risk it,stick with the plain tylenol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• yeah i tried tylenol alone and didnt do much for me i was still up all night in pain, i was only getting 2 maybe 3 hours of sleep:(
    whatthefawna

Comment by whatthefawna (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Butterfly, almost all of the antihistamines are safe after the first trimester. Just an FYI... and they can still be taken in the 1st trimester, but only in small quantity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Wow, we didnt have tylenol pm when I was preggo. In fact we where told not to take any aspirin at all..times have changed!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• @ Beyondhopes. Tylenol is Acetaminophen, not aspirin. I hear that a lot though, people confusing the two. Aspirin is still a No-No while preggers though.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I pulled my groin near the end with #2 and I took tylenol PM. It helped a little mostly staying off it helped me the most but it did help me sleep some. I feel your pain!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 4:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010