Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I can smell pot comeing from my neighbors house enough setting inside mine, should i call the cops?

ok. im setting here and can smell pot, it probably wouldnt bother me that much but im pregnant. i had to close the windows and can still smell it!!! should i call the cops and tell them or just try not to breath it in?

Answer Question

Asked by prego_jessi at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

Level 10 (427 Credits)
Answers (20)
  • I would.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I would mind my own business.

    Answer by Cochise at 9:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • own business

    Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I would probably go knock on their door and ask them to move to an area of their house where the smoke isn't blowing in yours. I had some real stoners for neighbors in college, and as long as they minded their own business I minded mine but they were usually really considerate if I let them know there was a problem.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • you can't get enough of it in your system that way to cause any harm. I would mind my own bees wax. Not worth the potential for hazardous future interaction.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I wouldnt bother really the cops wont do anything, I dont think they can with out good reason. breathing it in unless you are right next to it wont effect you.

    Answer by Amanda_03 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Call the police! Its your right not to breath that stuff in not to mention its illegal.

    Answer by mrsrevjohnson at 9:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I would mind your own business. And seeing as how it's coming into YOUR HOUSE.... it IS your own business. My toddler (then unborn baby) had issues because of that crap coming up through the floor where we used to live (we lived above the landlord). Many times we had to stay at a hotel when he was a baby. But it's the chance you choose to take.

    Answer by firenicecream at 9:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • We have the same problem! We live in an apartment building, and it comes through the vents, and somehow the wal. Plus at night it comes through the air conditioners.. Because they dont beleive in central air here lol. But Ive never called the cops, Ive thought about it. They just moved in, they also play really loud music til like 4am. I have a two year old, who if he gets woke up is extremely hard to put back to sleep so it gets really annoying. If it happens again, I would call. Im waiting for the next time it happens here. I might call the landlord first, just to see what she thinks I should do. GL tho!

    Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • You shouldnt have to put up with that. Specially when pregnant! You pay to live here, and lord knows you probably over pay to live here! Do you know them? Would your hubby be comfortable enough to knock on their door and ask them to take it outside? If they appear to be dangerous or street thugs then you probably need to get the police involved. If not, just knock on the door and tell them your preggo and that smell is making you sick to your stomach,,,could they take it outside? Thats all. I wouldnt put up with that crap, its an illegal substance for heavens sake!

    Answer by beyondhopes at 9:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.