Did you get your period while pregnant? adult content

If you got your period while pregnant what was it like? Was it a normal for you period or was it lighter? Did you already know you were pregnant when it started?
I just finished my period it was only semi normal for me... normally I have very clotty heavy periods this time he was only about half of what it normally would be. I am still nausous and have sore boobs even after it was over. I had neg hpt's right up till the morning it started.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Logistically, you just can't get your period while pregnant. You can have spotting or bleeding very similar to your period, but it's not actually a period.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 9:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No I did not but my mom did with all three of her pregnancies. She was late on her first one but it continued every month.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Way to not answer your question! lol. Sorry...

Anyway, I never had any spotting during my pregnancies, but I've had a couple of friends who had pretty normal spotting. It's always an indication to doctors to keep an eye on things, but a woman can spot throughout her pregnancy and be just fine. I think if it gets REALLY heavy, then it might be time to go to the ER. And obviously tell your doctor about any spotting at all.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 9:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I did have bleeding in my pregnancy. it was definitely not a period though. It was very random and at times it was just a very tiny bit and there were other times where there was a lot, but it never was a consistent flow, it was at sparatic times. In my case I had a subchorionic hemmorhage which is a pocket of blood beneath the placenta. the bleeding I was experiencing was actually that blood beneath the placenta escaping and trying to regulate itself. I think this may be what a lot of women have when they say they had their period during pregnancy. Generally if there was a consistent flow at all to what you just had then it was a normal period. However there are always unique cases. Sorry if that didnt help much!! wish I had some better advice! =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I did not but my sister did. She didnt know she was preg till about 5 months and thats when her period had stoped the doc and her were suprised because she had it so long but she thought something was wrong she was getting bigger and bigger!! lol
    TPT420

Answer by TPT420 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2010