What crafts do you recommend for a 2 year old?

And where do you recommend buying supplies? Thanks!

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 9:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• playdoh
    finger paints (Crayola color wonder markers and paints are awesome!)
    stringing large beads on string

and mine have always loved helping cook or bake.

I buy most of my stuff at Michael's craft store because I always get their email coupons
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Crayons, Markers, Paint, Play dough, Clay, gluing, cutting (or the beginning of cutting), threding, etc. You can get lots of supplies at Walmart and the dollar store. Don't go cheap on crayons, markers or paint though...sometimes those aren't washable. Get the good stuff that says WASHABLE! I got some wonderful supplies at a Teacher supply store including some no spill paint cups with lids, tempura paint, and scissors that only cut paper (not hair or clothes). I got a book of toddler crafts from the book store. A lot of them involve stuff you have around the house and construction paper and glue. It tells you what shapes to cut out and then you sit down with your toddler and put the shapes together to make a picture. (We made a Jellyfish out of construction paper, paint, and a paper plate the other day). Get some fruity o's and some yarn (wrap some tape around one side to make it stiff) and make some necklaces!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• stickers on paper
    coloring with crayons
    finger painting with pudding/yogurt
    gluing anything-paper,pasta,feather,pompoms
    sculpting with mashed potatoes
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Oh - sugar cookies are great fun too!!!!
    ANGIE409

• My son loves to bake with me if you're up for a little bit of a mess. We'll make cookies and decorate them or he'll "help" me make cake or brownies. There is also the obvious crayons, macaroni art, play doh, paint. You can also MAKE the play doh (just search on google, really easy!) if you want to have fun changing the color with food paint and such.

There are lots of easy, simple things to do with little kids, but of course they all have to be really supervised at that age. They'll like pretty much anything you do with them!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Cornstarch and water! It's called oobleck. It's soo much fun to play with, but a little messy. Get a bowl, empty a box of cornstarch and mix in about half as much water. Me and my dd can spend all afternoon playing with this!
    RachaelMac

Answer by RachaelMac at 10:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I bought a ball of yarn that is multi color. I cut it in random size pieces and give her a bottle of glue and paper. She goes nuts and its cheap and easy!
    Ladywithtwo

Answer by Ladywithtwo at 10:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I second the Crayola Color Wonder line! It uses special paper and markers, paints, etc. -- it doesn't show up on anything except the special paper (which you can restock without having to buy more markers), so you don't have to worry about scrubbing your walls or floors or furniture if it gets away from the table!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010