is it normal to feel depressed during pregnancy

i have a 1 year old and nothing is really going omn to make me depressed. i am 24 weeks pg and i just feel super depressed over everything...... is this normal? is there anything i can do to help it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it can be normal. I had it with my 2nd child...and then PPD after she was born (not saying you will, but I did for some reason). i had no problems or really any stress in my life. Make sure you mention this to your doctor at your next visit. My doctor told me it's hormonal. But sometimes, just telling your OB helps...they will have ideas to help deal with it. Good luck :)

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• this is the month that most hormones are affecting you deep. I had this, you're going through adjustments:
    adjustments to; ......Thinking, sleep, eating, baby worries, vitamin levels, enough money, or not enough of just almost anything.

Not doing anything or doing too much, .......it's just a horrible time in life to try to balance any of it right now.

You're not crazy..... believe that... I hope I helped , and you must feel just awful to even had admitted this, I know life just seems so out of control, but you aren't alone sweetie, rest now and don't you worry, just keep venting and >>>>>> {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• yes it has its ups and down moments it will ge better momma GL
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It is very possible that the pregnancy is causing this. However, there are a few antidepressants that are safe to take during pregnancy. If you are already having depression symptoms, it may be good to get on one now so that the PPD doesn't take over. I would.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had depression mostly during my 3rd trimester in my last 3 pregnancies. With my 4th baby it was terrible. I had to struggle to smile most days. Luckily, I never had PPD and I felt amazing as soon as the baby was born!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010