i have a 10 week old and she wants to be held 24/7..she wont sleep in her bed at all..wont sleep unless she is on us..can i put her in her bed at 11 adn go get her at 4 to eat then put her back in her bed? she will scream the whole time...do you think its ok to let her cry??

christina10140

Asked by christina10140 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• – collapse
    Yes it's OK to let her cry it's just easier said then done!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• no shes wayyy too little to let cry ... I don't even let my daughter cry and shes 13 months
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I genuinely HOPE you are kidding.

NO, she cries because it is her only way to communicate with you. She wants to be held because that is natural instinct ingrained in us for our own survival. She NEEDS to be loved, and held, and snuggled, and made to feel safe.

Leaving a 10 WEEK old baby to cry is neglect- and that is not an opinion, that is fact.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• TJones is it ok to do it this long??
    christina10140

Comment by christina10140 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• NO! 10 weeks is absolutely WAY too young to let a baby cry - especially for 5 hours. You need to hold your daughter, that is how she learns to feel secure & safe. 10 weeks is still very young. I highly suggest you take a parenting class. Your daughter is a very normal 10 week old. I know you're tired, but the answer is not to let her cry. Is there someone that can help you? I really think you would benefit from a parenting class - you would learn techinques to soothe your daughter, as well as meet some other new mothers to connect with. Good luck.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• WEll she is ONLY 10 weeks old.. I have a 2 1/2 year old and she still loves to be held a lot.. So at 10 weeks she is still adjusting to being out of the womb. Think about it she was in there for 40 weeks and has only been out 1/4 of that time. She needs her mommy to soothe her.. If she she fed, dry, and swaddled tight with maybe a binky she should be better.. A lot of babies also get scared if she cant hear or smell you within the area.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• she has colic, gas and acid reflux the dr told me it was okay
    christina10140

Comment by christina10140 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You need to find a new Doctor. If she has reflux she should be held upright anyway- that causes PAIN.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If she has colic gas and reflux .. is she on formula? Maybe change her formulas if she is.. that might be the problem. The Dr... is just that a DR.. he isnt the mom and doesnt have to live with the baby.. I think letting a baby cry to long is bad.. Some babies sleep better in car seats, swaddled up, with or without binkys, in swings etc... try all those things.. something is bound to work.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ok no need to be ugly to me im NEW at this and have no idea what to do.
    christina10140

Comment by christina10140 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010