Has anyone had this or know what it could be? adult content

My brothers whole family including his 1yr old daughter have what look like boils all over their bodies. Well they were here last weekend for a baby shower I threw for his wife and now my husband has one at the top of his pubic line. He tried to pop it but there was no pus or anything. Do you think it could be the same thing? I did do some research and saw that boils are contagious, but I had someone else say it could be mersa which is also contagious. Has anyone gone through this or know what it might be? We're just worried about our kids getting it. We will call the dr on Monday just need some advice until then. Thanks in advance....

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 10:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• I agree, see a doctor now. MRSA can be very serious. MRSA is a staph infection and typically it'll start like a wound under the skin so it's a red spot then it boils up then scabs over. It's extremely contageous.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 10:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No I have not been through anything like this. I would be going and seeing a dr about it asap. Hope its not anything bad.
    kentucky_girl

Answer by kentucky_girl at 10:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't know what it is but I think since his whole family has it and now your husband has one I would call the doctor on call and see what they think and not wait until Monday. Has your brother and his family gone to the doctor?
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My S/O's cousin had this in her entire household and it was mersa.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• should see the dr asap.....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i would take him to the doctor right now. if it's MRSA, that is extremely contagious and needs to be treated right away.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Thanks to all the replies I was able to convince him to go to urgent care. So I'll see when he get's home what it is. Thanks for all the replies!!!!
    jnsdrf

Comment by jnsdrf (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010