My baby cries if he is awake and not eating...

He sleeps really good, he goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00, and sleeps for 7 hours and then eats and sleeps agian for about 2 to 3 hours. he even takes a nap for about 4 hours during the day. But if he is awake, he is screaming, I have tried everything from walking, dancing, reading, playing with rattles, and I even will give him a few more ounces to eat thinking maybe he is still hungry, and that seems to make him happy for a moment, but most of the time he get s a tummy ache from eating too much. He will soon be 3 months, I don't know what to do anymore.

JLMMommy

Asked by JLMMommy at 2:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He might have something wrong with him I would call your doc. n ask them bout it, or maybe he's just a lil piglet that likes to eat lol j/p but I would call ur doc. n get a check up asap. hope i helped :-)
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Maybe he just wants to suck... will he take a pacifier? Sometimes when my little guy acts like he wants to eat I just have to hold the pacifier in his mouth for a little bit until he calms down and then he takes it... and he is happy again.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• He just gets really mad when I try the paci....so I gave up on that a long time ago, he actually likes to stare at it more than he does suck on it, lol.
    JLMMommy

Answer by JLMMommy at 3:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Have you tried a different formula?? Is his tummy hard? Is he pooping? these are all questions that the Dr will ask.

GL
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 3:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Since you didn't say if you breast feed or formula feed, here are a few things to consider: What kind of water do you use to mix the formula? We had to give my son spring water because something in the tap water bothered him. What temp. is the formula you're giving him? My kids like theirs no colder than room temperature.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yep call the doctor, makes it acid reflux or something i dont know
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• To me it sounds like reflux. I worked peds for a long time. Call the pedi and see what advice they can give.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008