Oil spill relief funds...

I have received no less than 15 spam emails professing to have my oil spill funds ready for me. Have any of you ladies received similar? Is there any agency you know of to which we can report this activity?

I live in Salinas, CA (Steinbeck country) and there is no real or imagined reason I would be connected with the funds for those seriously and truly affected.

I am disgusted beyond belief at the moment. Any points in the right direction will be much appreciated--I have a file full of spam I am dying to turn over.

Youngwifey2

Asked by Youngwifey2 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL..When Obama was elected I got President Obama wants you to go back to school spams! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• that would be frustrating....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Sweet, so did I--but I am reminded of the scams being pulled on Katrina victims and it really bugs me.
    Youngwifey2

Comment by Youngwifey2 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You know its going t happen!  People can be such AHOLES

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Wow! That's awful. I get lousy advertisements like "Do you like this tv show? You could get a scholarship!" or "Are you a teen mom? We have a nursing degree for you?" or "Are you 19? Save on your auto insurance!" and the "Obama wants moms to go back to school" ones. I had no idea why they chose dancing shadows for those ads. But this is just sick. Idk who to report it to :( I guess you could contact your email provider and ask.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Your state attorney general, you should be able to file them on the Internet. Go to his/hers web site.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I usually get the, "Obama wants you to go back to school" spams. or get your government grant spams.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• THanks Natesmom--I hadn't thought of that. I get so angry at the entire farce!
    Youngwifey2

Comment by Youngwifey2 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010