anyone ever have a pool installed??

anyone ever call a place and have a pool put in, above ground or in ground. were getting ready to buy a house and my dh wants to have a pool put in. he dosent like the ones u get at a store and put together yourself..sigh.. so i was wondering if u had done this or know someone who has what was the cost. so least i get a heads up. thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My SIL just had an above-ground pool installed. All together it was about $4500. I believe it was $1500 to be installed.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Parents did one, and it cost them 50k....but seriously...it was over the top. they had walkways paved to look like it was stone, and a waterslide put in to look like the side of a mountain/cliff....and a lot of other bells and whistles. you'd really have to call a pool place and get an estimate, depending on what your wants are!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• it was a below ground one in CA
    CAGirl4

• we had one put in in NM a few years ago...we got solar heating on it and it cost like 35,000

it depends on what you want and how big...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• A basic in-ground pool in my area would cost around 15k-20k.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have an above ground pool. I also happen to work for a company in Toledo, Ohio that sells and installs above ground pools. If you are considering an in ground pool they are 10's of thousands of dollars. Mine was about 2 grand in parts and had I had to pay for the install ( I didn't due to working here) it would have been another 750. We love our pool. It is 21' across and 52" high. We have a light in it and a fountain. We are a very popular house on the street with the kids lol. Happy swimming.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010