Regarding genital herpes

I recently found out I got herpes last month. I had a breakout before my period and now that my period is coming around again, I'm getting another breakout! Is it normal to have a breakout with each period? Are my hormones just going crazy and causing stress which I know can lead to an outbreak????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• how did you get herpes? from your so or someone else? i dont know if its normal, but are you on medication?
    Anonymous

• I don't know who I got them from... I was with my so for 2 years and after we broke up I started seeing someone else and that's when I got my first outbreak. The doctor said I could of had herpes for years and never knew and because it's a new partner, that could have caused first outbreak. As for as medication goes, I think they only give you the medication when you have a breakout so no, I'm not on any right now.
    Anonymous