Cervical biopsy

I recently had a biopsy done and my doctors called with my results, left a message and said there were only some mild changes but we want to keep an eye out just to make sure so come back in 6 months...I mean i wanted to hear more details than that. I have also been cramping and it seems like my sex drive has dropped since i got it...what the hell did it do to me? its been 3 weeks. has anyone had a biopsy? how did things go for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• I had a cervical biopsy and it hurt like hell. Mine came back positive for pre cancer cells and my gyn wanted me to wait 6 months. I refused to wait that long. I went to another doctor and had my hysterectomy scheduled within a week. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 11:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have had a few, and they do hurt, but I don't remember it hurting weeks later. I would call the Dr's office and let them know.

As far as how it went for me - I have HPV, have had two LEEPS, and have PAPs done once a year, if not more, depending on how the last one came back. At one point, I was getting a PAP every three months. They can do one every day if that is what it takes - I do not want to die from cervical cancer.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010