Tummy time???

My twins are 7months old and I am not a stay home mom, I hardly do tummy time so when I am able to they tend to NOT LIKE it. I don't see them roll over very much and this is starting to concern me. My bestfriend has a son a month younger than the girls and he is rolling all over and scooting all over their house. Now I will admit one of them weighs almost 20lbs and might have a harder time but I need help! I have such a hard time letting them cry to get up, so I tend to pick them up. Is there anyone that can suggest things to make it easier? For them and me?

twindelight

Asked by twindelight at 2:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont have any kids yet til Dec. I will have a lil boy but I have been reading alot of my mag. n stuff n they say tummy time should be between 10 n 15 mins a day for younger ones like that all the way up to like I think 10 months then it moves to 15-20 min.'s but maybe it would help to start off at like 5 min at a time n sit or lay on the floor with them so ur eye level with them....This is what I would do just lay them down n work ur way up with time n b on the same level they r, Hope i helped :-)
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think it's just one of those things they have to do even if they cry about it... but I would love to hear people suggestions. My baby is 11 weeks and sceams the entire time.. but I have him do it anyway because I don't want him to get behind with his development.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My 3 month old son hated it at first but I started out for a few mins at a time, like when he was getting lotion after his bath and just slowly increased his time. GL
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 3:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My lil girl is 2 months old is love tummy time. I only do it for about 5 min on my lay..... You just have to do it couple of min a day until they get use to it.
    Anonymous

• did you try a tummy time mat with like the little pillow on it to help support them some. I had one for my son that was shaped like a surf board and had toys hanging on the front for him to play with. It took a few days of doing it before he really started to play with it. But then he loved it.
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 3:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am now in search for a tummy time mat, thank you. I just love craigs list! lol
    twindelight

Answer by twindelight at 3:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• almost 20 lbs goodness, no wonder they dont like tummy time, probaly hurts its tummy
    Anonymous

• I'll be honest, my 9 month old hated tummy time, so she didn't get much of it. She would scream and then flip to her back. We were told that even if we held her against us and she "pushed up", she was still working those muscles. She's almost 10 months old and has been crawling for about a month now. If I were you, I wouldn't be too worried about it. But that's me. Remember, though it's hard not to, try not to compare your kids to others; kids all develop at different rates.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my daughter absolutely hated tummy time, because she had reflux really bad. so at the most i'd make her do five minutes a day, but most days it was more like two. it didn't affect her development...she sat up at 7 months, crawled at 10 and walked at 12. try a couple minutes a day, but i wouldn't worry too much about the development stuff unless she's way behind. my son didn't mind tummy time and was two months behind my daughter on crawling and walking (they're twins). all kids are just different.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my son is only 5 weeks old and he loves tummy time! He is very strong and can hold his head up really well! I would just say to add time little by little and she should get used to it.
    erica31089

Answer by erica31089 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2008