SO STRESSED. WHAT TO DO?? PLEASE I NEED HELP ASAP!

THE BABY DADDY IS GIVING ME SUCH A HARD TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING. LIKE TODAY I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO BREASTFEED THE BABY WHEN IT GETS HERE( I DONT KNOW WHAT IM HAVING YET) AND HE WENT CRAZY LIKE A FEW HOURS LATER TALKING ABOUT IM SELFISH AND HE EVEN ASKED COULD HIS MOM BREASTFEED THE BABY WHEN IM NOT AROUND?? AND HE REALLY GOT MAD WHEN I ASKED WAS HIS MOM PREGNANT WOMEN JUS DONT CARRY MILK AROUND. BUT EVEN SINCE I GOT PREGNANT ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS FIGHT ARGUE AVOID ME NOT TALK TO ME OR EVEN GO OUT. HE GOT MAD BECUZ I MET NEW FRIENDS SOME GUYS SOME GIRLS AND HE DONT LIKE ME HANGING WITH THEM. I NEED SOMEONE TO HANG WITH AND SOME SUPPORT TOO. I REALLY WANT TO LEAVE HIM BUT HE THE BABYDADDY. AND WHATS KILLING ME THE MOST IS HIS MOM IS ON HIS SIDE ABOUT EVERYTHING LIKE SHE HAD HIM SO IM SURE SHE KNOWS THE PROS AND CONS ABOUT BREASTFEEDING COMPARED TO FORMULA AND OTHER STUFF. WHAT TO DO??

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 11:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you really want to breastfeed you can pump so that anyone can be a part in feeding the baby. In my personal opinion, you are the one carrying this baby and you are going to be the one to have this baby so do whatever you think is best for your baby. And if his mama dont like it oh well. Not saying anything bad about her, but just remember that its your baby, she had her chance to raise her kids, now its yours. Do whats good for you and your baby. Thats all I am saying.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope everything will work out for the best!
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• im sorry hon, was it planned? if so maybe he is just nervous? If u want to BF them do it and explain to him that is better for yall child!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Foes she really want to breastfeed? lol I doubt it. He's being unreasonable. You are doing the right thing by wanting to bf your child.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH HIM THEN LEAVE HIS SORRY ASS !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 11:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• For starter's, stick to your guns about breastfeeding! The health benefits for both you and your baby are amazing and it will save you a ton of money and time. If you have the heart to breastfeed, by all means, don't let someone's ignorance stop you.

Second of all, it sound's like the dad is not dealing well at all with the prospect of the baby and is acting out. You may not want to leave him, but it seems like he is trying to push you away. You may need to give him some space to calm down and give yourself a clear head to consider what will be the best way to raise your child. And yes, I say your child because if he doesn't want to do what's best for the baby, then the responsibility falls on you to raise this little one the best way you can.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• That should be "Does" not foes!

• BREASTFEED, do whats you want and whats best for both you and the baby. Who gives a damn which one of them want, your the mother, your the one taking care of this baby, not them. If you ask me they are being selfish because they don't want the baby to have the best milk around. Ignore them and remember breast is best.
    As for hanging out with guys think, um maybe that's not such a great idea, maybe he's feeling insecure about it, maybe hang out with your guy friends when your SO is around, espeically since they are new friends, let him get to know them and maybe he'll become friends with them too and be able to trust them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• pm me if u need to talk
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Really weird he asked if his mom could breastfeed. I would deffinitly think this man is alittle kookoo dontcha think? It's your baby why would you have another woman breastfeed your baby?? weird. If I were in your shoes and just going by what you wrote, I think I might let him know how your feeling...If he doesnt take it so hot then let him know you need some time to your self if he isnt going to respect your feelings and thoughts. Every woman has her say in a relationship dont forget to take care of your self...for that new baby on the way. Good Luck to you!!!=)
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ACTUALLY IT WAS PLANNED! I HAVE AND HE STILL IS NOT GETTING IT HES CALLING ME SELFISH..
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010