What do you think of the Gulf Oil spill?

Was it planned? Was it just an accident? How should we clean it up?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 11:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• At first I thought it was an accident, but it has been going on far too long with too many bullcrap excuses and no solutions. There is so much lack of accountability here. People point their fingers at BP, they point theirs at the President, and he points his at the scientists. It's a big dog chasing it's tail and not getting anywhere. I don't have any bright ideas as to how they can clean it up, but I pray that they figure something out FAST!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A charlie foxtrot. Not just from an environmental standpoint, but with the red tape, politics, et al involved.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think it was done on purpose...funny how just when Obama says we are going to start off shore drilling ..full force................wham!! oil gusher problem....the whole thing just makes me sick inside.... all the people affected and those poor sweet ocean animals...the dolphins..ect... ):
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• There are a lot of people that do not want the USA to be able to get our own oil. So it makes a whole lot of sense that this was done on purpose.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• planned all the way
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I hope it wasn't planned.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am glad I am not the only one that thinks like that.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't know if it was planned, but I think PBO's response to it was orchestrated to push an agenda. Rahm Emmanuel said never let a good crisis go to waste. I think they drug their feet to push the climate agenda. PBO waited 60 days to issue an "emergency" drilling moratorium? Emergency - really???? I know the earth cleans itself very well. The earth "burps' the more oil than man spills every year. The Gulf had another oil spill in 1979 with lasted 10 months and spilled 36 million barrels of crude. A hurricane cleaned that spill. We just have to use our good heads and work to clean but not destroy these areas. The Exxon Valdez cleanup almost ruined the shore line with the high pressure washing and soap. WE did more harm than the oil in the name of helping.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't want to believe it was intentional but it very well may have been. BP is the whipping boy but with much of what would be normally be considered evidence was destroyed in the explosion or is under water. We may never actually know the cause of the explosion.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 5:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010