What if YOU were in this situation?

Your husband hardly helps with the kids their whole lives. Acts as if your mother OWED everything to him because he's "supporting" her grandkids. Even when all he's doing is the bare minumum (shelter and utilities) and has the family on food stamps. And then it came to where he couldn't/wouldn't pay for his kids basic needs (diapers, formula, ect.) And you knew if you moved in with you parents everything would change. You'd no longer worry about having food for you kids, having the lights turned off.. You'd have a car, a sitter to go back to class and make something of yourself... Would you divorce and move in with your parents? or stay because you married him? P.s Don't judge me, I've not decided what I'm doing, so your really cant.. and this is if YOU were in this situation, nothing about me being in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like your not happy & your kids must not be that happy.. unstable enviroment.. id say do what needs to be done for a better future for u & kids
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Honestly if I was in this situation I would get a divorce and give my kids a better life. My kids always come first and if he is good for nothing then he doesn't need me because I know my kids and I deserve better.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If I was in that situation (and I pretty much was), I'd divorce without another thought ! Now at the time I was there, I didn't know how to get out, so I stayed and stayed....and oh, god, i wish I'd left earlier.....life got really good for me when I took hold of the reins !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would move into housing because my mom would never take me in. But if it qas like that and I could I would until I gradauated.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't think twice about moving in with my parents. It sounds like the husband is a selfis man. Your kids and you should always come first... providing for you and the children is the number one priority. I would move back home and start working on how YOU (generally speaking... you....Not speciffically you....) can become independant and self sufficient and take care of your kids yourself.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would rather be somewhere where my childrens needs were being taken care of. If my husband wasnt taking care of the family then he obviously doesnt love us.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 4:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If it were me in the situation you described my choice would be to pack the kids up and move back with my parents. My reasoning is this-- if my hubs can't/won't be a parent and provide everything they need-- food, shelter, diapers then it is up to me to make sure they are taken care of and all their needs met. My kids come first in my life and if that means leaving him and moving back home with my parents, then that is what I would do.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• What is in the best interest of my children supercedes EVERYTHING. If I was in your situation, I don't know that I would divorce him right away. I would move in with my parents and go back to school though. If that didn't give him the wake up call that he needs to get his act together, then I'd file for divorce. There's only so much one person can take. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• what would make you and your kids happy?? Sending you hugs!!!
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 12:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would get the divorce...
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:35 AM on Jul. 18, 2010