How long do I have until I have this baby????

I am having pressure all in my bottom and pelvic bone but I don't have any contractions or I can't tell that I am having them. I just started having the pain in my butt but my pelvic bone has been hurting bad for the past couple days...........If I am in labor would it be okay to take a little castor oil to speed things up???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you'll have the baby when he/she is ready, not a doctor so i cant tell ya sorry
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• forgot to add DO NOT TAKE CASTOR OIL you'll regret it! Let the babe come when they want and when its time. If the doctors thought the baby should come now then they would medically induce you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Castor oil will only speed up labor if you are already IN labor. If you are having no contractions, it'll just give you the shits

your pelvic bones hurting sounds like baby is at least head down and working on getting there. WALK! Gravity works! ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Don't take caster oil. It wont do anything other than give you gut pains and make you poop a lot.

The best thing you can do is walk. The more you walk the more you exercise the muscles you need for birthing that baby and the more you walk(or waddle) the more that baby will get into the right position to come out.

Or use an exercise ball.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• how far along are you? i've had pelvic pressure at 8 wks and now i'm 38wks along...and it's horrible...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am almost 37 weeks pregnant with my third child.......I had my first at 38 weeks and my second at 37 and they both weren't induced and born natural.......I don't want to go to the E.R. until I know for sure I am in labor like I did with my last child.

ILYNAA

Answer by ILYNAA at 12:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It doesn't sound like your body is ready for labor yet.
    And therefore the baby isn't ready to be birthed yet.

So adding risks to the baby & to yourself is unnecessary.

There is a reason baby is still inside~~ not ready to be outside yet.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• you will most likely have your baby before you are 42 weeks (if your due date is accurate). the way you are feeling can last for quite a while. GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Castor oil is NOT a safe thing to do. Please do not use it to try and force your body into labor when it isn't ready.

You are due anytime between 38 & 42 weeks. There is a reason you are still pregnant. That reason is that your baby is not ready to be born yet. Enjoy this last bit of your pregnancy- you'll never have these days back. Relax, get a massage, get a pedicure, read a book, enjoy a nice long bath... These things are great late pregnancy.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2010