Empty wine bottles...

I have been saving these up for a while now and now I don't know what to do with them. Any decorating suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I dont know about decorating tips, but I know you can recycle them and get cash to buy other stuff to decorate with. All I got is a bottle with straw flowers sticking out of it....hopefully someone else has some better craft ideas for you
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• recycle them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My old neighbor had a breeze way and had a shelf in there. Just put all kinds of wine bottle and wine jugs up there. It was a cluttered look kind of arrangement but it was really neat looking. You could try that on a shelf.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Candle holders, lamps, paint them and give them to friends as gifts or sell them, use it as a vase, use them as plant waterers, get some plywood, cut holes in it and make shelves or tables using the wine bottles for legs, etc...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• if they are colorful, and madeof thicker glass, you can do a mosaic . Put the bottle in a thick trash bag and hit with a hammer of some type(rubber mallet works best to get large pieces), then buy some "Qwik-crete" at the hardware store and make a stone with the colored glass in it. I did this to make garden stones(I bought a mold shaped like natural stones) and places the glass in the shape of my kids names :) then had their handprints...makes an awesome gift.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Around here, people make bottle "trees"
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• make flower arrangements... can't think of any thing else.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have some that I painted designs on (nothing big) then I bought wine stoppers that matched the theme and put them on the windowsill in the kitchen where the kids cant reach and when the light comes through it is really pretty.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2010