Flour beetles, a safer way to get rid of them?

I have diagnosed that they are in fact flour beetles-which if you have had them you know they are a total pain in the butt to get rid of. I have emptied the cupboards, wiped it all down with soapy water(as wilipedia suggests) but the next step is a strong pesticide. My question is, anyone know about a "green" or at least more family friendly way to go?
I have pets, a toddler, and heck I hate the strong stuff too...
thanks :)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 12:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• bump

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• ty (sigh) no one cares about my beetle trauma :( lol.... so far you got best answer mama lol....
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• What are flour beetles?? Sorry I'm no help
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• they are a tiny lil bug 1/8 of and inch that get into flour and other dry goods. There isnt any rhyme or reason to them, you can have a spotless kitchen and if they are in lets say a box of rice, or a box of baking mix-soonthey take over anything dry not in canisters.I have prolly had to throw out at least 100 dollars worth of food because of them and nothing is working. I am gonna check a vinegar website, that stuff seems to be like an all cure lol. ty for responding tho :)...you can look them up, they are the color of an ant, and harmless-just gross.
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010