bedtime.... any help??

ok..so mamas....does your s/o just go to bed and leave you w/the kid(s)....or does he stay up and help??

oregonduck

Asked by oregonduck at 12:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• We both put her to bed. Sometimes he does it, sometimes I do it, some times we do it together. He helped make her, so he helps take care of her. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• typically helps unless he's sick or something
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We both deal with our daughter & bedtime.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my hubby works late so the kids are in bed by the time he gets home. that said, i do get up in the morning to deal with the kids while he sleeps a little longer. unless your s/o needs to go to bed earlier then the kids for work or something he should probably stay up and help out. maybe you could just put the kids to bed earlier
    Caroline78

Answer by Caroline78 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My SO doesn't live with my daughter and me, so I do it all by myself. But it's not a big deal...she goes to bed with no difficulties and sleeps through the night.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My husband always stays up - if the kids are staying up late that night, usually he sends me on to bed and stays up and puts the kids to bed by himself.

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Usually I put our daughter to bed because she nurses to sleep. Sometimes she won't fall totally asleep, though. I'm usually pretty patient with her but I get impatient about bedtime. Mostly because when she's awake then I'm the one that is "on guard" so to speak. Making sure she isn't after the dogs, playing with her, etc. So when it comes bedtime and it's so close to when I can finally relax, I get impatient. So if she doesn't fall asleep in a timely manner, I will ask my husband to rock her and he will. He and I don't go to bed until really late, so it's not usually issue of him going to bed and leaving me with her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2010